Friday, November 9, 2012

Recognize The Real presents The Best Of Buckwild

Now here is a producer who's production pedigree is up wit there with anyone! He's done tracks with all the greats u name it..from BIG, Jay, Nas and etc. He's done it all. And dont forget he is a disciple of Lord Finesse. Finesse taught him the art of producing but Buck took it to the next level with his own style. Also this man has classic mixtapes he put out in the early 90's that are considered collector's items. I remember when I 1st heard Mic Geronimo's "Masta IC"!!! I was blown away by that song, i never heard a beat like that, it was very entrancing. It was very dark and gloomy but that was NYC hip-hop at the time at its finest plus Hype did a great job on the video. I bought that single after like 2 weeks of hearing that joint, and I read the credits and it said produced by Buckwild. At the time I had no clue who that was cause my hip-hop knowledge wasnt that up to par yet. Heck, i just discovered who DJ Premier was that same year after i heard & saw the D&D All-Stars "1, 2 Pass It" video. So '95 to me was very great year in hip-hop cause i was discovering new acts and producers that brought great stuff to the game. Buckwild to me is a very prestigious producer in the same categorie as a Premier & Pete Rock cause his catalog is damn near flawless with hip-hop gems! This man did "Whoa" for god's sake, thats right this man produced "Whoa"! And guess what, Black Rob was not the first person to get that beat. It went from Jay Z to Memphis Bleek to etc. and they passed on it!! They passed on it!!! So im kinda glad BR was able to get that joint cause to me thats one of the last NYC hip-hop anthems to come out. That track has so much energy and electricity behind it its crazy! Ask anyone and I bet u they can tell u a story behind that song and what it does to people or a crazy scene in a club behind that record. I bet u!
On this Best of i kinda went in a different direction with it cause so many people out there has a Best of from this producer and i didnt want to repeat what they done. So some tracks i chose are familiar but others are joints I bet people didnt know he did. U will be surprised that this man has many bangers u probably never heard. So trust me u will love this mix and it be in rotation in ur car!

Gettin' Buckwild

No comments: