Monday, December 28, 2015

Classic Hip-Hop Throwback Footage Pt. 12: MTV Retrospective- LL Cool J (1996)

Lets keep it goin yall as we enter the vault once more...

Real talk back in '96 my friends asked me who is your fav rapper of all-time is...Now i started listening to hip-hop seriously around '92-'93, so my history wasnt that great on it. I only listened to what was on TV and a album here and there. And remember u had Biggie & Nas & Pac was already out there! So when my boys asked me that question i gave them a answer: LL Cool J! Now they looked at each other and kinda laughing but they couldnt say nothing negative cause at that time LL's rep was already set as a all-timer in the game. But it was one album by him that had me hooked and it was Mr Smith!! Im tellin yall right now, i loved this album so much i used to listen to it every..single..day!! Its in my all-time 15 best albums list for sure!! So when i saw MTV was showin this i had to record it!! Very well put together piece right here and actually this was part of the celebration of LL's All World Best Of album that came out in '96 as well!! I loved that joint too cause of that Summer Luv joint!! Hope yall love this one and we just we gettin started in the vault yall..got plenty more in store!!

MTV: LL Cool J Retro 1996 from Brandan Evans on Vimeo.

No comments: